Re: [LUG] Ethernet hub recommendation

On Fri, 2007-03-09 at 23:10 +0000, Julian Hall wrote:

> Netgear FWG114P  - £101.81 inc VAT from ebuyer.  Not sure it does DSL -
> I use it on ntl cable, but it's listed under DSL/Broadband routers.
>
> 4 port ethernet with print server on USB.  Works great with Linux :)

I am beginning to get it. My router is a Draytek Vigor 2600 with usb
socket marked printer (and 4 RJ45 ports) but all the forums say very few
printers actually work on it and it was a mistake to say it!! I did try
as well. I can see you and David are saying the printer needs a server
on a network, so it might just as well stay on the computer until it
dies - to my simple mind it should be possible to connect to the network
as each computer sets up the file to go direct to it - alas my knowledge
of the details is zero. At least I can network everything else with the
hubs.

Thank you all.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk