Re: [LUG] Meetng 14th March - Agenda - should be 17th March

Viv or Philip wrote:

>Hi Paul.
>
>Phil and myself are thinking about coming over from West Devon for the
>Saturday meeting. I have a sub notebook without a cd drive that I have
>been unable to load linux onto it. Would it be OK if I brought this with
>me ? I was wondering if someone may be able to advise.
>
>Thanks
>
>Viv

Hi Viv,

All you need is a floppy drive (or bootable usb) and a network interface
or a parallel interface, I have a debian mirror box (stable / test x86)
that I can bring along to do the rest. I have the boot floppies and a
laplink cable (if we need to do it over parallel) but if you need to
boot via usb then you will need a pen drive you don't mind trashing,
although I have never done a build via a usb flash boot before.

Also please note that AFAIK this meeting is on Saturday 17th March not
Wednesday 14th. Could we please correct this thread as its going to
confuse people including me.

Thanks

Tom.