Re: [LUG] Which ISP?

On 3/2/07, Greg Dash <greg.dash1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28/02/07, George Reynolds <george.reynolds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I've been with Demon since the days when v.90 was just being introduced (albeit
> > at different addresses). I pay £19.99 per month for 8MB broadband. You pay the
> > same whatever speed you get. I know we got a free upgrade from 512 -> 1MB -> 2MB
> > from Demon at home. I would recommend them. They are pretty quick at getting you
> > connected too.
> >
> > I've been with other ISPs... "Worldonline" aka WorldOFFline which became
> > Tiscali, Vispa, Gio Internet (scam- never connected me and got debt collection
> > notices) but Demon came through as the best in the end.
> >
> > George
>
> I am also on Demon, Very happy with them, Tech support is good but
> whats even better is that its rarely needed, never had any downtime. I
> pay £25 a month, I get unlimited e-mail addresses and a static IP.
> I've gone from 2Mb to 8Mb for free. You pay a bit more than you would
> with other ISPs, but I think its worth it

The technical guys at demon are ok and the quality of broadband is
high but other customer support is shocking and I have had numerous
problems setting up new accounts and when i moved house.

Apparently they cannot take written instructions either , you know the
legally binding kind you sent to most companies with a signature. they
choose to ignore these. I sent a cancellation instruction them them
and they ignored it totally. When i phoned them they told me they can
only accept instructions over the phone. So you can just phone up,
with out pass phrases etc and get any old demon customer cut off?

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk