Re: [LUG] Which ISP?

A couple of things to note when choosing
Is your phone line a "Business Line"? if so BT charge for a "Business
connection" to B Band, the speed only being limited by the Physical
telephone line (ours is 4 miles from the exchange) so we get 1/2 speed
Duplex for £105/qtr. You may have to drop the "Business Classification"
to get domestic BB.

The other point is do you experience (locally) general phone cable
problems as the cable is managed by BT. If you have a 3rd Party provider
i.e. AOL and you get a connection error it can take 3 Months for BT to
respond! (Max) to a service request from AOL  With the Business line you
are given a next day response.  We suffer from Lightening strikes which
damage modems and routers and sometimes Network cards and Motherboards.
So a good response from BT is essential.

Best of luck with your choice

--
Kevin Lucas <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Minions Shop Cornwall's Top Shop