Re: [LUG] How to find out what is using a kernel module?

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:31:28 +0000
Simon Williams <systemparadox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can anyone give me any pointers on how to contribute code to large open
> source projects? I'd also like to do something with KDE, but I have no
> idea how I go about it.

1. join the relevant mailing list.
2. ask about your problem - someone may already be working on it
3. offer to help patch, ask for advice on how to prepare patches
suitable for that project, recommended tools, etc.

Before you get to create patches, you'll need to be able to build the
latest CVS/SVN version of the package - check the website for the
project concerned.

Good luck and be persistent - programming takes time.

--

Neil Williams