Re: [LUG] Custom dmrc entry?

On 27/2/2007, "Grant (DCGlug)" <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm currently setting up a "spare" computer as a "media centre"
>(God, I hate that term).  MythTV is in and seems to run quite nicely.
>GDM is now set to autologin the mythtv user.  However, it would seem to
>login to Gnome.  I have tried having a ~/.dmrc file that contains
>nothing but this:
>  exec mythfrontend
>however, it gets overwritten when GDM autologsin.  I have tried creating
>a ~/.xinitrc file, but it would seem that GDM doesn't use these.
>
>Does anyone know how I can get mythfrontend to start automagically *on
>it's own* (ie without having the whole of Gnome/KDE/whatever loaded
>alongside it) when GDM autologsin the mythtv user?
>
>Cheers muchly.
>--Grant.
>
>--

And now I've fixed it.  Added a new file in /usr/share/xsessions called
"MythTV.desktop" with the following content:
  [Desktop Entry]
  Encoding=UTF-8
  Name=MythTV
  Comment=This session logs you into MythTV
  Exec=/usr/bin/mythfrontend
  # no icon yet, only the top three are currently used
  Icon=
  Type=Application
Chose this from the gdmgreeter, made it the default and now it's working
nicely. :)

--Grant.