[LUG] Custom dmrc entry?

Hi all,

I'm currently setting up a "spare" computer as a "media centre"
(God, I hate that term).  MythTV is in and seems to run quite nicely.
GDM is now set to autologin the mythtv user.  However, it would seem to
login to Gnome.  I have tried having a ~/.dmrc file that contains
nothing but this:
  exec mythfrontend
however, it gets overwritten when GDM autologsin.  I have tried creating
a ~/.xinitrc file, but it would seem that GDM doesn't use these.

Does anyone know how I can get mythfrontend to start automagically *on
it's own* (ie without having the whole of Gnome/KDE/whatever loaded
alongside it) when GDM autologsin the mythtv user?

Cheers muchly.
--Grant.