Re: [LUG] (OT ?) DRM

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 12:25, Julian Hall wrote:
> Paul Sutton wrote:
> > I doubt it, one of the   guys down the rugby club simply can't be
> > bothered as there is no decent alternative,  my argument that you have a
> > voice and should use it,  or that if you don't like the current
> > goverment you should vote em out did not convince him.  I vote UKIP,
> > however  come up with a party that will, or will vote for anyone who
> > understands free software issues and is prepared to stand up for it.
> >
> > Paul
>
> In '97 B'Liar got in when everyone hacked off with the Tories jumped
> ship to the same one, Labour.  Now the problem is that everyone has a
> different idea about who can save us from more of the same, so we get
> Conservative, Liberal, UKIP, etc.  Then what happens is the core of
> Labour supporters manage to hang on to power because the opposition is
> split three or more ways.  What is needed is a repeat of '97 where
> everyone jumps the same way, or *enough* jump the same way.  The latter
> of course is probably blindingly obvious :)

Please no - no more flip flop stupidity! How about a  hung parliament followed
by some sort of PR - then they might be forced to listen to the voters...
Sorry -  my cynicism mode sometimes gets overwhelmed by survivalist hope -
what a tangled web we weave when we practice to deceive .. ourselves.
Whats that old saying - if voting ever changed anything the politicians would
ban it.
Tom te tom te tom