Re: [LUG] Laptop recommendations

The only way to truly scientifically test this would be to have at least
two identical laptops, one running Linux the other Windows, boot up with
a gui, and run say open office. and see which one runs down quicker,
howevetr saying that there would be more to it,

of course Linux can run in console mode, so I would guess doing that may
save battery power, as it would not be putting much pressure in the
grapics subsystem.

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 11th January 2007 - PRFC from 7:00

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org