Re: [LUG] Laptop recommendations

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 16:10:56 +0000
Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thinkpad X60s
>
> Unfortunately battery lifetime under Linux is abysmal, compared to
> Windows. In my experience battery lifetime under Linux isn't very good
> with any laptop.

Maybe there is something in this 'Mac hardware' issue then because my
iBook has very good battery life under Debian. It would be interesting
to see how that might change with a x86 MacBook running Debian.

I know I've had at least 4.5 hours from my iBook under Debian without
problems and I suspect it will do 5+.

--

Neil Williams