Re: [LUG] Sound problem.

Robin Cornelius wrote:

> Do you have any other mixers running eg kmix on kde could these be muted?
>
> Can you find a alsa wave player and try playing a wave file directly using this.

Thanks for the quick response Robin.

No, the only other mixer installed is kmix and it is not muted either.

It seems it will not work with wave files either, or with microphone input.

The interesting thing is that it doesn't seem to know the sound isn't
working- no errors in logs etc and alsa control reports that all is ok.

I've also checked the mute and volume controls built into the laptop "F"
keys and they are all ok.

James