Re: [LUG] Massive initrd

Neil Williams wrote:

> Is there any way of comparing the contents of the image? (i.e. is the
> cause new files being added or the usual files of a larger size).

I think you have to unpack them to temporary directories, and do a "diff
-r --brief" or similar. They are just gzipped, cpio archives...

mkdir /tmp/init1
cd /tmp/init1
cat /boot/initrd.version | gunzip - | cpio -i

No idea what is going wrong, it may not be something wrong with
mkinitrd, he might just have changed a kernel settings or something. But
hey, what do I know, I filed a bug when the latest udev broken my initrd
image, and was told in no uncertain terms it couldn't be udev.