[LUG] Massive initrd

Hi everyone,

I am upgrading my development system to kernel 2.6.20 and my initrd
creation has gone very wrong. For some reason the initrd is now 51 Meg
in size, previous initrd's are about 4.4Mb.

As the initrd is so big it can't decompress on boot so my kernel
panics (no ide drivers), I am currently staticly linking the ide
drivers to the kernel instead of modules so i can boot without an
initrd but any ideas on what is going wrong with the mkinitrd?

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk