Re: [LUG] Burning multiple isos to one disc?

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 08:27:25 +0000

"Terry Hill" wrote:

> I've heard of utilities that can mount .iso files as if they we're
> "burned" and inserted into the appropriate drive for the media they
> contain, although i'm not sure whats about for linux.

Hi Terry,

Sorry about the personal reply, but I'm having a few problems posting
to the list... anyway...

Linux can do this already, and really quite easily!  Basically you'd
mount the ISO file in exactly the same way as you'd mount a CD, but
with 1 extra option:

gsewell@vaio:~/files/ISOs/OpenCD$ su -c "mount -t iso9660 TheOpenCD-3.1.iso
/mnt/iso/ -o loop"
Password:
gsewell@vaio:~/files/ISOs/OpenCD$ ls /mnt/iso/
autorun.inf  disctree extras    md5sum.txt  preseed start.bmp  ubuntu
bin          dists    install   pics        programs start.exe
casper       doc      isolinux  pool        README.diskdefines start.ini
gsewell@vaio:~/files/ISOs/OpenCD$ su -c "umount -d /mnt/iso"
Password:
gsewell@vaio:~/files/ISOs/OpenCD$ ls /mnt/iso/
gsewell@vaio:~/files/ISOs/OpenCD$