Re: [LUG] Burning multiple isos to one disc?

Terry Hill wrote:

> I've heard of utilities that can mount .iso files as if they we're
> "burned" and inserted into the appropriate drive for the media they
> contain, although i'm not sure whats about for linux.

On Linux you can easily mount an ISO file in almost exactly the same way
as you'd mount a normal CD/DVD but with an extra option, also note the
need to use the "-d" option when umounting:

$ su -c "mount -t iso9660 TheOpenCD-3.1.iso /mnt/iso/ -o loop"
Password:
$ ls /mnt/iso/
autorun.inf  disctree  extras    md5sum.txt  preseed   start.bmp  ubuntu
bin          dists     install   pics        programs  start.exe  casper
    doc          isolinux  pool      README.diskdefines    start.ini
$ su -c "umount -d /mnt/iso"
Password:
$ ls /mnt/iso/

--Grant.