Re: [LUG] Puppy Linux

Posted by "Brian Russ" <bjrus@xxxxxxxx>
> Having had a lot of difficulty setting up a dual-boot system, I have ended up with
> what a friend could provide - Puppy Linux. This is my first foray into Linux and
> hope to be able to ditch Microsoft in due course. Right now, my problem is that
> the Puppy modem wizard doesn't recognise my modem. Is there a work-around within
> Puppy or would I be better off replacing it with another Linux ?
> For someone with only dial-up internet access how might I get another Linux anyway
> ?
> Brian Russ

If you're on "dial-up" Internet, then it's quite likely that you are
using what's known as a "Win-Modem"... *especially* if your modem is
actually inside the PC. Most computers still come with a "serial" port
on them, and you can still buy 56k modems that connect to the serial
port... even from places like PCWorld (*shudder*). These are proper
modems and *will* work with Linux.

--Grant.