Re: [LUG] OT: Mac verses PC

This is all very well but I don't know why I should use Ubuntu or use Kubuntu, Mandrice &c.  I only left Suse because it looked like going quasi-comercial.  Promoting Linux doesn't tell me in words of one syllable exactly how I can get away from Windows. To  me there's only one horse I'm interested in, the best one and, Windows aside, the winner, not only now but for the next five years with no hassle. And LInux is a stable of several horses.

On 1/31/07, zleap <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  What I'd like to see is Ubuntu put some stronger
> marketing messages around so at least it's not just a two-horse race for
> mass-market operating systems.

Well thats our job,  or as users of an operating system and way of doing
stuff that does not have a marketing department with a huge pot of cash
to spend,   a few posters here, few there,  cd's to hand out,
willingness to talk to people and answer questions,  and more
importantly when you do you acually know what you are talking about.

Every user has a part to play in the way the system is promoted.

Paul