Re: [LUG] Ink cartridges

Hi

On 27/01/07, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This may be a bit off topic, if so sorry.
>
> The official ink-jet cartridges are so expensive nowadays. My local
> shop used to supply compatibles but they are having some difficulty
> getting any at the moment, so they say.
>
> I have had a look on the internet where there are so many vendors
> touting their wares that I am completely confused.
>
> Any suggestions, advice etc please? And as an aside, why is the single
> black cartridge dearer than the colour one (with several colours)?
If it helps at all I was recently a witness in a court case that
showed cheap ink had caused printers to stop working. Both printers
were very bunged up. The case wasn't actually heard in the end. The
ink folks settled out of court. Ok the inks were from the same
supplier but I wouldn't risk it personally.

I would go with the laser solution. They are brilliant. I bought a
black and white brother for £100 two years ago and it has been superb.
I am yet to but toner for it yet. A customer of mine bought three
colour lasers of ebay along with toner. They have worked brilliantly
as well.

Still this is only my testimony, I am sure there are others which conflict!
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk