Re: [LUG] double extra vista ripof

Julian Hall wrote:
> Greg Dash wrote:
>>
>>> US Amazon Price of Retail Vista Ultimate = £195
>>> UK Amazon Price of Retail Vista Ultimate = £352
>
> Amazon UK say it's not available yet, so I wonder where the
> Inquirer got their price from?

Probably leaked by the Amazon UK buyer to get a better deal from
Microsoft UK ;) Hey it is what I would do if I was the buyer and thought
I was being ripped off.

Home Edition Premium 229 USD Amazon, 199.74 UKP Lycos, hmm that is about
65% more expensive in the UK.

However, I'm not sure what it has to do with GNU/Linux, other than
competitive analysis.

Surely we should welcome Microsoft price gouging as a sign of the
weakness of the British national position over the pricing and supply of
desktop software. Although no doubt Bill will make a trip over, cuddle
up to Tony (or whoever), and cut the price to the US price, and make
everyone feel better they are not being ripped off any more than
Americans are. Then in response to protests in the third world, they'll
do a Vista Lite, which comes without the calculator application, and
retails for 20 USD.

In other news, apparently Microsoft have asked for an exemption from the
discrimination rights legislation, so they can stop Vista being used by
homophobic clergymen. You heard it here first.

 Simon