Re: [LUG] double extra vista ripof

Greg Dash wrote:
> what's really annoying is that it'll sell...a lot!
>
> On 24/01/07, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> As further proof of Rip Off Britain.
>>
>> US Amazon Price of Retail Vista Ultimate = £195
>> UK Amazon Price of Retail Vista Ultimate = £352
>>
>> So that makes hand building Linux computers as remunerative as being a plumber
>> in London!
>>

>> from http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=37140
>>
>> Tom te tom te tom

The Exchange Rate is currently near as damnit 2:1 in favour of the
pound.  As long as the pound strengthens the situation will get worse.
Also with the practise of just swapping £ signs for dollar signs the
situation can only get worse.  Today's price is £190 for Vista in the
US.  Amazon UK say it's not available yet, so I wonder where the
Inquirer got their price from?

Kind regards,

Julian