Re: [LUG] WhatPC time again

On 2007-01-23T12:19+0000 Neil Williams wrote:
> Easiest way there is to buy a separate motherboard/CPU and build the
> system from there.

True.

> Don't fancy building the machine yourself? There are people in DCGLUG
> who would be able to build a box for you for the cost of a pint, if you
> can arrange delivery of the components.

I don't think it's worth building a machine. Selecting components that
work with linux is almost as bad as selecting whole machines! I really
can't be bothered to replace little components that might go bad or
arrive bad. I guess I should have said I want some sort of swap out
guarantee or something.

This is for my parents.

> > For example, is there a
> > Macromedia Flash version for the AMD64 now?
> Why care ? If a website doesn't work with free software versions of
> Flash, I simply go to a different site. Sorry. ;-)

Not so easy for the Youtube / Web 2.0 lovers. :)