[LUG] Windows Word and Open Office

Hi Group

I am the (stand in) editor of a small magazine.  I use open office, everyone
else uses Word.  So far I have had no real problems importing their word
stuff.  However when I export my finished draft as a Microsoft Word .doc
document other members of the committee find it comes out all other the place
(the formating is lost).  Is there another format that Word can import that I
should try?  (Or is the problem more basic like printer settings, but I would
have thought that my document would force my settings on the other machine?)

Thanks Peter