Re: [LUG] building myself a PVR

Alex Charrett wrote:

> I've got MythTV running on a PC at home, although I never got around to
> buildin it into an under the TV box.  Simon was talking about doing this a
> while ago too - http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive/2006/08/msg00084.html

I got some good feedback as well. But I only just got around to
discovering where the "PAL" setting was in my BIOS (my TV doesn't do
NTSC, that is for sure).

Although my main issue is that I think I need to replace all the cabling
with satellite quality coax before I start on the receiver.

On the other hand, a handy tip for Aaron, I scrounged my freeview box of
my dad, as he'd replaced his, so 30 quid sounds a lot of money for
freeview (especially given the quality of most of the programmes) to me.
I'm sure someone will have one laying around.