[LUG] Kernel 2.6 and module parameters

After a litle work I've managed to get my tv card working in my Debian
system using

modprobe saa1734 card=63 tuner=38

Unfortunately I can't make this a permanent solution.

Post boot dmesg shows the chipset saa1734 was recognised but the card
number wasn't and lsmod shows the saa1734 module is loaded.

Using a 2.4 kernel one used to add the necessary module with the
required parameters into /etc/modules.conf. But all this changed with
the introduction of kernel 2.6.

My present kernel is 2.6.18 and I've read the relevant man pages and
done some googling but I can't find anything which clearly describes
how to permanently add parameters to a loaded module under the 2.6
kernel.

Can anyone help me?