Re: [LUG] OT: Palm TV guide software

On Sun,  7 Jan 2007 20:05:52 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Now I have got one of the Palms to work as a TV remote so it can
> control the various boxes connected to the TV.

Which applet? Somehow I doubt it's open source. Each applet has it's
own data storage constraints and just because you can upload to one
does not mean you can read data in any other. You need the source code.

> I thought it would be great if there was a way of downloading a TV
> guide from the internet onto my Palm (using a serial connection to the
> MythTV box).  I was wondering if anyone knows of such an appication?

It all depends on which applet on the Palm is meant to receive the TV
guide. How do you propose to view the guide on the Palm? There is
support for Calendar, Contacts, ToDo, Memos and a few others but if you
want an upload to a different applet then you are out of luck - the
database format would have to be reverse engineered.

There is the possibility of writing your own open source software for
the Palm but it's not trivial.

About the only thing you could do is upload the TV guide as plain text
into the Memos applet. pilot-link can do that for you.

--

Neil Williams