[LUG] AFFS (was Re: [Fwd: [UKFSN Users] UKFSN Profits Programme])

On Thursday 04 January 2007 20:02, Jason Clifford wrote:

> This is the programme under which UKFSN will distribute it's profits to
> UK Free Software developers and contributors.

That's interesting. Previously they've been giving their profits to AFFS to
distribute.

I cancelled my standing order to AFFS some time ago, after getting the
impression that pretty much ALL they ever did was form committees and
organise an annual conference where they preach to the converted. They
certainly never usefully distributed the money they got from UKFSN,
membership or donations (they gave one guy £250 to work on Totem two years
ago, but that's all).

Since the website hasn't been updated for two years, I guess the AFFS is now
dead. I seem to recall that one or two people from DCGLUG were involved with
them; anyone know what happened (or where all the money intended to be used
to support Free Software development is)?

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson