[LUG] Novice with bother in Ubuntu 6.10

Posted by "Berry Christopher" <christopher.berry1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'm still trying to get my Epson 2480 scanner working!
I download iscan-2.4.0-0.c2.tar.gz to Desktop and then extracted to Desktop so
having iscan-2.4.0 file on Desktop but when I go to Terminal from
Applications/Accessories and type in iscan-2.4.0./configure I get the response 'no
such file' BUT there it sits with a value of 5.6 Mb!!
I've tried home/chris/Desktop/iscan.etc BUT still no response!!
Can anyone advise?
In the same area - I am not permitted to open some things -in my user groups I have
root/root followed by chris/chris (that's me!!) presumably I have to change
something to become the super-user? What?
Sorry for this low-level stuff, but even 67 year olds have to start somewhere!
Season's greetings,
Chris.
--

Generated by the contributors page