Re: [LUG] Open Office Database

On 23/12/06, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Today I had some updates waiting for me (in Edgy). I saw that they
included the database in OO. Last time I tried to use it I was able to
create a table but the wizard for creating a form did not work. It all
went along quite happily until the end when I clicked on the Finish
button. This had no effect at all.

Having run the updates I tried again. Same result - can create a table
but the form wizard is useless.

I have tried to set up a form manually but I just cannot understand
what is required. If I were new to databases I would accept it, but I
have written umpteen for various small companies in the past, using
various Windows programs including Access and latterly using Borland's
Paradox database. I had no trouble with any of them, in fact I
considered myself quite expert by the end.

Has anyone of the lug had any experience with Base please?

Yes, this bug has existed since the early betas of version 2. Base is an utter pile of rubbish, IMO.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382