Re: [LUG] Browser problem

On 12/18/06, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is exactly the advice I had just been given by another member
> a shot while ago. I have done just as recommended and now it all seems
> to be just fine. Obviously Konqueror works differently.

Yea sorry, too many posts happening to fast :-)

Konqueror is a kde app and either relies on a global KDE setting for
this kind of thing or just relies on the kernels settings. Not quite
sure which or how to disable.

> I found exactly the same thing in Galeon so I have changed that too.
> Again it all seems to work just fine now. Many thanks, I would never
> have found that for myself.

ipv6 seems to be causing a few headaches at the moment see the
router(s) saga we had a few weeks back now.

> By the way, what on earth is IPv6, or don't I want to know?

its the new form of ip addresses, basicly using 6 bytes instead of 4
so you can have *vastly* more devices on the internet. Because not
eveything (very much at all?) currently supports it there are delays
if you try to use it. Linux and much open source stuff seems to be
ipv6 ready, many routers and the internet in general is not.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk