[LUG] Browser problem

Last May I bought a new computer (in fact had it made up to my spec)
and a digital camera. I have used Linux for years, so I installed
Mandriva2006. I also set up a personal web-site so for the first time I
was using my browser to *write* to a web-site as opposed to simply
looking at them. Of course I had occasionally written to a site, eg
when registering for something, but generally all I had ever done up to
then was browse.

I soon found a problem. About every third or fourth time I tried to
write to my site the browser would simply sit there with the message
'Looking up URL ......' If I simply waited it would eventually time
out. The only thing to do was to cancel the upload (and of course lose
everything typed in since the last save) and go off to do something
else. There was no need to close the browser, I could use it as normal
for a while.

After a few minutes I could return to my blog, photo gallery, whatever
and carry on from where I was earlier. Again I could upload a few times
and then the same problem would appear. I had the site checked, and it
was all OK. Then I set up an account with flickr and had the same
problem. So of course I blamed Mandriva.

In October I changed over to kubuntu Edgy. Now, I thought, all will be
well, but no the same problem all over again. This is silly, I thought.
Yesterday I had an idea. I don't normally use konqueror  as a browser,
but I decided to try it. Wonderful, the problem had disappeared. Today
I added a new entry to my blog which involved at least eight saves,
just to test it. No problem.

I should mention that I also used the Galeon browser with the same
problem. Only konqueror works. I suspect some kind of memory leak with
the normal browsers,but does anyone out there have any suggestion
please.

Firefox 2.0
Galeon 2.0.2
Konqueror 3.5.5