Re: [LUG] Browser problem

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> I soon found a problem. About every third or fourth time I tried to
> write to my site the browser would simply sit there with the message
> 'Looking up URL ......' If I simply waited it would eventually time
> out. The only thing to do was to cancel the upload (and of course lose
> everything typed in since the last save) and go off to do something
> else. There was no need to close the browser, I could use it as normal
> for a while.

Hard to say could be a Gecko thing, but not clear how you are writing to
your website. Is this using FTP (timeouts are a common problem, as a lot
of FTP servers are aggressive at closing connections). Sounds more like
submitting a form to a misconfigured server from what you wrote.

So what protocol is in use. Can you look at server logs. Does it return
any errors?