Re: [LUG] Browser problem

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:50:47 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hard to say could be a Gecko thing, but not clear how you are writing to
> your website. Is this using FTP (timeouts are a common problem, as a lot
> of FTP servers are aggressive at closing connections). Sounds more like
> submitting a form to a misconfigured server from what you wrote.
>
> So what protocol is in use. Can you look at server logs. Does it return
> any errors?

I have set up a blog using WordPress for example. When I am writing a
new blog about every couple of paras I 'Save and continue editing' as I
normally do when creating any piece of text. About every third time in
Firefox it simply sits there waiting to access the website. The only
way is to lose the last bit of text that I had entered and to try again
later.

Note that it is not just my personal web-site that has problems. I
set up a blog on another web-site called Launchpad. This helps you to
create a blog on their site. I did it just to see what would happen and
I had the same problems.

Doing the same thing using Konqueror works fine no matter how many
times I save. Since everything else is the same except the browser I
have assumed a firefox problem. If Konqueror can cope as expected why
not FF?

Neil Winchurst