Re: [LUG] interesting points -

On 15/12/06, William Fidell <william@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>    Admittedly, Plymouth Uni may not be highest of standards (not that I
> am slagging it off) but some of MSc / MBA /MBM students that I have met
> would struggle to dribble on a paper.  To give an example in one module
> I shared with the business school we were required to write a 2000 word
> essay between 6 people!

Actually that does sound like a difficult challenge :) It was hard
enough doing a (somewhat longer) essay between 4 of us (BSc Comp Sys &
Net) on Joint Ventures.

I quite liked my course at Plymouth - I chose it primarily because it
had the most interesting sounding title, and the amazing enthusiasm of
the course leader on the open day. None of the others I looked at even
came close (UWE and Kingston were the only others I bothered to go to
the open day for). The only problem was the requirements were
misleading, it being a new course they didn't require you had a B or
more in Maths and Physics, which you pretty much needed unless you
wanted to struggle in the first two years. (I think they've watered
down the Electrical & Electronic engineering since I did it).

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk