Re: [LUG] Orifice and the FUD factory

On 11/12/06, Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There simply isn't time to send company data to and from a central
> server with a national company when each of 800 branches is making
> 3,000 transactions a day. Broadband simply cannot cope.
3000 transactions a day and broadband cant cope?- you seem to have major
league bloatware already! One company I worked for did 10 times that using
EDI and dial up - one phone line!

Er, 2.4 million transactions daily on a 56k line?
Remember, the 3000 quoted was per branch. 800 branches means 2,400,000 transactions per day, hence 27 transactions per second on average and, presuming a transaction exceeds 5kB in and out, the line could not cope even with a sophisticated queuing system.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382