Re: [LUG] OS Architecture

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:12:51 +0000
David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No - the norm, as far as I'm concerned (as I said above) is to reboot.
> Thus agreeing with Simon ;)

I apt-get upgrade every day - I'm certainly not going to reboot that
often!

There isn't a clear way to know when it would be a wise time to reboot
and when it would simply waste time - the problem is only theoretical.
In practice, installing a new kernel version is sufficient reason to
reboot - more often than that is, IMHO, unlikely to provide any
demonstrable difference. Personally, I don't think it's necessary to
reboot more than once or twice a year.

--

Neil Williams