Re: [LUG] OS Architecture

On 22/11/06, David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 22 November 2006 12:47, Simon Waters wrote:

> My suspicion is that many GNU/Linux boxes aren't rebooted often enough, ....

Even in my limited desktop experience I believe this to be a valid observation
Simon.  Rebooting after performing an an update etc. has always been the norm
for GNU/Linux as far as I'm concerned.

Er, no... the norm has always been to reload the service that was updated (usually done by APT) and then continue. In the world of Joe User, this should be constrained to logging in and out again if the update is major-ish, or just carrying on as normal otherwise.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382