Re: [LUG] Questions please...

Quoting Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Quoting Jonathan Roberts <jonathan.roberts.uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I know I've already posted about this but right now I'm starting to
>>> panic because I'm not getting very many questions sent in! I've had
>>> quite a lot of hits and things but not so many questions - If you do
>>> have any questions please send them in just to calm my uneasy nerves for
>>> a bit!
>>>
>>> It will be quite frankly embarrassing to have to tell all the guys
>>> taking part that nobody sent any questions!! I've even made the front
>>> page of Linux Format website and Free Software Magazine have posted a
>>> blog entry about it, still no questions. Either this isn't such a great
>>> idea for a podcast or everyone is a bit shy!
>>>
>>> You can even call in to me now and leave a voice mail! the website is
>>> http://questionsplease.org
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jon
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Not sure what to ask.  I will tell a few recent Linux converts about it
>> though as I'm sure they'll have questions.
>>
>> Rob
>>

> No problem, thanks for the reply! Any kind of questions are welcome and
> we'll try to get through as many as possible. Just as examples I've had
> questions already about GPLv3, DRM, what they've done in the community
> themselves, barriers to Linux adoption etc.
>
> I'm excited and nervous at the same time! I hope all goes well!!
>
> Jon

No problem.  I've posted a question about the latest problem with Microsoft.

I see there is something on The Register
(http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/20/eben_moglen_on_microsoft_novell/)
about how the GPL v3 will kill the deal.  I wonder that if Linus
doesn't want the kernel to go over to GPL v3 will it cause problems for
getting other projects over to GPL v3 and thus stop Microsoft in their
tracks?

Rob