Re: [LUG] Children In Need event

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 23:26 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
put it up on notice board at your
workplaces/schools/colleges/universities etc.
Nice one - will try. Hope it goes well. A bit nearer and I'd be there. Good luck.

I have taken the plunge and asked the Head at Helston School if he would host a similar event. I have reassured him dclug would "man" the event. I would advertise in local schools etc, seek sponsorship from local computer firms who would provide extra desktops (in case school computers were not made available to put new OS's on) and we would bring laptops as well as discs. I hope this is OK with you all and I will post my email to him if you like (I spoke to him at a show yesterday and gave him the poster). I hope the IT department will jump at the chance to consult local experts.
--
james kilty http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk/