Re: [LUG] BBC news clip - I thought it may be of interest ?

They were sold with FreeDOS pre-installed, only in the US and only a few models.
http://www.dell.com/content/products/compare.aspx/desktops_n?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&

I believe they also ship some of there notebooks in France with Mandriva (or Mandrake, whatever there calling themsleves theses days)

On 15/11/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Quoting Viv and Philip <vh_griffin@xxxxxxxxx>:

Wow, £50 quid on the cost of a Dell machine is a fair whack considering
they sell PCs cheap anyway.  Thats good news anyway and will make me
think more highly of Dell.

I wonder if other such companies would do the same or if they would be
more reluctant?

IIRC a year or two back Dell did offer PCs with no operating system.  I
believe they installed MS-DOS 6 or something on the machines so they
were not sold as 'naked PCs' as Microsoft put it as something like
MS-DOS 6 is still a valid operating system even if it isn't much use
these days.

Rob