Re: [LUG] java run time part 2

On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 16:25:08 +0000
Simon Robert <simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've found that if adept has hung and I try and close it I get a message
> saying something like "uncommitted changes not completed, do you want to
> quit" (a rough aproximation of the message) and if I say yes the next
> time I go in to adept all the previously queued stuff is gone.
>
> --
> simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk

Well I have finally sorted it out. I removed the two Sun packages and
then as suggested by apt-get I ran autoremove. Then I configured dpkg
again. I was then able to run the remaining upgrades. So I hope that is
all OK now.

By the way, can anyone explain to me how to install any of the Sun
packages? They all seem to require acceptance of Sun's terms but there
does not seem to be any way to do that. Neither using Adept nor using
apt-get do I see any screen or message where I can accept the terms and
so continue with the install. As a result, trying to install any of
those packages results in a hung dpkg. I know how to sort that now. but
that is not the point is it?

TIA
Neil Winchurst