Re: [LUG] Java Runtime Environment

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:17:38 +0000
Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Neil,
> Yes, thats what I meant. I think there is a way to show the agreement via
> Adept - but off hand I can't remember what it is. I would try using apt-get
> and grab the jre that way - then you can accept the agreement without any
> bother. You may find that the failure to install the java runtime environment
> via Adept may cause your package database to play up - hopefully it won't but
> if it does it can be sorted fairly easily.
> Yes, I think that this would sort out the java issue in your browser.
>
> Mark

Since my last email I have found package sun-java5-plugin which could
be what I want because it says it is to enable the use of java packages
in browsers. There was no mention of the Sun agreement so I tried to
install it and it is hanging. Now I can't remember how to find the pid
so that I can kill it. No doubt I will get there eventually.

Thanks

Neil