Re: [LUG] kernels and modules (again)

On 10/11/06 13:05:40, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 10/11/06 12:52:36, stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > G'day all,
> >
> > Anyone know what this actually means?
> > EcDrv: disagrees about version of symbol struct_module
> > And more to the point how to fix it?
> >
> > The module is supplied by a 3rd party vendor.
> > I have downloaded the correct kernel and compiled it.
> > It boot's but when the modules is installed I get this error.
> >
> > The distro installed is FC3 and the kernel is 2.6.9 downloaded from
> > kernel.org.
> >
> > This is all getting very tiresome now, I wish I could find some
> doco
> > that explains all this in simple terms.
>
> I wonder if it has to do with the the version of of gcc I am using?
> Don't think so...

OK...
More research shoes, that the kernel has too match exactly, how
exactly?
How can I find out what the module actually needs?
The kernel name matches, I.E. the output from uname -a, since when it
didn't I was getting another error.

I suppose it goes back to my, what exactly does that error mean?

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\