Re: [LUG] Children in need F/LOSS Install Day in devon *and* cornwall (was Children in Need Linux Install Day)

* <mailto:eddster19@xxxxxxxxxxx>*Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Aaron Trevena wrote:
>
>> On 07/11/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> I have done a bit more today about the Children In Need Linux install
>>> day idea.  I have asked one of the presenters at Gemini who owns a club
>>> in Exeter if he could think of anywhere where we could hold an event.
>>>

>> Why restrict it to just Linux?
>>
>> I imagine there are many more people who would be interested in trying
>> openoffice, firefox, thunderbird, gimp, inkscape, etc on their windows
>> or macintosh system - providing them with CDs with all the open source
>> software they need for a small donation would surely work excellently.
>>

> I've already got .iso images of the 'Open CD' lying around on my hard
> drive so I'd be happy to bring along some discs with that on, and even
> plenty more blank discs to burn as we need. The 'Open CD' really is a
> good project I think and would be a great for spreading interest, using
> OpenOffice.org on windows is what got me interested in GNU/Linux in the
> first place and could have the same effect for lots of people :-)
>
> As for the efforts in devon, I'd love to do what I could to help and
> would be quite happy to grab dvd images of OpenSuse (if people aren't
> still angry over the whole novell-microsoft thing), FC6, Damn Small
> Linux and any other distros that you might want to have around, burn
> them, and post them up; or anything else you might like me to try and
> contribute!

I could help out by possibly donating a few hundred blank CD's or DVD's.
How many would you need of each, and what type (i.e. printable,
full-face, non-printable, doesn't matter etc...).

Cheers,

*Ed Rackham | EDSA Designs
**Unit 9, Torbay Business Park, Woodview Road, Paignton Devon TQ4 7HP
*
Web *www.edsadesigns.com
*Phone +44 (0)701 4216 500*
* <http://www.edsadesigns.com/>*Mobile +44 (0)7706 823 866**