[LUG] Help please - UPnP

Having just been reading various horror stories about UPnP I decided to check
my Speedtouch 546 firewallrouter, only to find that UPnP was selected <On> by
default.  Alternative selections are <Secure> and <Off>.  I have selected
<Off>.

Not being either a games player or conference user, is <Off> the better
selection out of the two offered, or will I find that the odd programme won't
work?

TIA
--
W. Devon