Re: [LUG] Restricting logon times for normal users

Simon Waters wrote:
> Simon Waters wrote:
>
>> Rob Beard wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas on how I can restrict the logon?
>>>
>> PAM
>>

> Sorry - to be more verbose, you need to use pam_time, I doubt it is in
> the required /etc/pam.d file for the login method in use. You can
> probably add it one of the common files.
>
> Also check your login manager.
>
> I assume "logout" is policed by mother?
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/227

I had a look at the article, seems to be a little more helpful than what
else I've found.

Now I tried the following as a test...

Firstly I altered /etc/pam.d/gdm and added the line:

auth    required   pam_time.so

and then I added the following to /etc/security/time.conf:

* ; * ; !rob ; Al0000-2400

Which I'm assuming should mean that only the user rob can logon at any
time.  I thought I'd try this first to see if it works.

After I made the changes I restarted GDM and tried to login.  All I seem
to get is an authentication failed message, at least I think it is that
message as the font is so tiny I can't read it!

Just to check I wasn't going mad I also tried...

* ; * ; !rob ; Al0000-2400

...in the time.conf file and that doesn't work either.

Rob