Re: [LUG] Printer utilities

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 15:54:43 +0000
David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday 04 November 2006 14:57, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> >
> > Are you thinking about ubuntu instead of kubuntu?
>
> No, I'm using Kubuntu Edgy/Eft 64 bit and 32 bit.
>

> > When I go into System Settings > Printers there is no sign of anything
> >  called Properties. Or am I missing something here?
>
> Select Administrator mode, log in with your password and halfway down you will
> find a Properties drop down menu and next to it an Instances menu.

Found it, I must be getting old. I clicked on Properties and then Users
and got the result 'All users allowed'.

I notice that under Properties > General the printer name is shown and
the description but the location is blank.

I tried to look at the users but I got the error message 'The module
User Management could not be loaded'. Suggestions are that I may have
an orphaned control module left around from a recent KDE upgrade.
Or there may be some third party modules lying around. Well, I have had
Kubuntu installed for just one week, and I haven't done any upgrading
as far as I know.

Very puzzled
Neil Winchurst