Re: [LUG] MS-Novell

Being Microsoft's favoured "Linux" partner, must be like being Shrubs
most favour member of the "axis of evil", except without the expectation
that you'll be last in line when it comes to handing out missiles.

I don't get the hobbyist "patent" announcement. Seems to be saying that
for personal use, I can write software that uses a Microsoft patent, for
as long as I don't use it for commercial gain, or share it with others.
Which is exactly what patents are about (except one can do this
professionally as well), being able to use the technology for research,
but needing to licence it for commercial use.

Urm - Microsoft make press release saying "use our software patents like
you can use anyone else's" and it is news?!