Re: [LUG] Flash 9 beta

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Have they got it working nicely with ALSA yet?  I'm a little sick of
> having to run my browser through AOSS if I want sound.  How long has
> ALSA been around?  How long has it been the default audio-output method
> in Linux?
>
> Grant
It says on their release notes
(http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/releasenotes.html)...

        *Linux*

The following are the system requirements for additional platforms
supported by the Flash Player 9 Update Linux beta.

*Hardware*—Adobe has tested the Flash Player 9 Update beta for Linux
extensively on the following minimum hardware configurations:

    * Modern Processor (at least 800 MHz)
    * 512MB of RAM
    * Alsa Sound Architecture (OSS/ESD will not play audio; audio will
      silently fail.)
    * Graphics Memory (128MB)

*Operating systems and browsers*—Flash Player 9 Update beta for Linux is
supported on the following operating systems and browsers:

    * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3, Update 8
    * Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, Update 4 (AS/ES/WS)
    * SUSE Linux 9.x or 10.1
    * Firefox 1.5.0.7
    * Mozilla Seamonkey 1.0.5

Hope this helps. I haven't tried it properly yet.

Rob