[LUG] Online polls for members only

OK, a *test* script is available - but I emphasise TEST.

There is only one poll active at any one time. The current one, now open, is the "Favourite Distribution" one from the list thread.

Members will be able to create new polls (not currently linked from the poll pages) and activate them in place of the current one BUT only I can delete (or close) polls. Please do *not* activate new polls until this one has had a fair run. I'll update the links to the relevant functions once I've got some more testing in place.

Please don't abuse the poll, there may well be bugs in it - contact me *off-list* about problems. In particular, the script prevents you voting twice within a period of time but I haven't got the code in place yet to prevent members ever voting twice for the same poll. If there is any evidence of ballot-stuffing with the current test script, all future polls may be removed. Play nicely!

http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/poll.php

All aspects of the polls are members-only, even placing a vote and viewing the results. This will allow us to have some quite detailed polls in the future, including more formal polls about DCGLUG activities or content and wider issues too, because the username of each member will be recorded alongside their votes.

--

Neil Williams