Re: [LUG] Distros??

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 03:11:39PM +0100, Matthew Cremore wrote:
> Is there anyone else who has tried Suse 10.1?

I've had bad experiences with SuSE in the past - trying to upgrade 9.2
to 9.3 removed lots of quite important libraries (picking an example
completely at random: glibc) without bothering to install their
replacements. Since then, I've stuck to Debian.

Admittedly, the same thing happened with Debian once, but that time it
was definitely my fault (and the reason I stopped trying to use Ubuntu
packages in Debian), rather than a perfectly ordinary attempt to upgrade
to the current version.

        bma

--
Benjamin A'Lee           e: bma@xxxxxxxxx